Padrino 0.10.1 - Mongo Cache Store, Routing, Translation, and Bug Fixes
On July 8th, we released Padrino 0.10.0 which was the biggest release in a series of releases that are paving the way towards a 1.0 version. Fortunately, the release was well received without many serious issues cropping up during the upgrade process from 0.9.X.
Today, we are releasing 0.10.1 which is mostly a cleanup and bug fix release. Originally, we were hoping for this release to align with Sinatra 1.3 but that will likely happen in the next release now. This release adds a new mongo adapter for padrino-cache, applies some important fixes to routing, cleans up our translation files and has several compatibility and bug fixes reported since our last version. Details for this release are below.
Mongo Cache Store
aliem sent us a pull request for a Mongo-based cache store that plugs into our existing padrino-cache system. Thanks to his work, all the caching goodness can now be stored with Mongo. If you see a missing adapter to our caching solution, please consider sending us a pull request. Commits here, here, and here.
There are a handful of important routing fixes in this release, thanks to joshbuddy.
Be sure to raise an issue if you experience any routing problems.
We have made an effort to improve the reliability and completeness of our translations in this release largely thanks to TweeKane who brought these issues to our attention. We have corrected the known issues with the translations and also added locale tests to prevent these problems in the future.
- Added Missing IT translations: commit
- Adds missing CS, DE, NL locales: commits here and here
- Fixes to FR, CN, RU locales (Thanks TweeKane): commits here, here, and here
- Adds unit tests for locales: commits here, and here
Compatibility and Bug Fixes
- Padrino is now fully compatible with Slim 1.0 and Ruby 1.9.3: commit
- Padrino is now compatible with bundler ~> 1.0: commit
- Admin generator now properly destroys access control when removed: commit
- Fixes admin generator with namespaced models: commit
- Cleanup Rake::DSL inclusion causing errors on 1.9.2: commit
- Quick fix for hiding ‘padrino.instance’ environment data: commit
- Allow configuring of logger ahead of load: commits here, here, and here
- Cleanup error message (Thanks mariozig): commit
- Fix minor doc bug in logger (Thanks xylakant): commit
- Add host parameters in DM postgres adapter (Thanks Aigeruth): commit
That concludes the changelog for this release. As always if you want to keep up with Padrino updates, be sure to follow us on twitter: @padrinorb, join us on IRC at “#padrinorb” on freenode or contact us on GitHub.