Padrino 0.13.3 - Generator changes, mailer rendering, proper URL escaping for link_to and form_tag helpers, new helper method, bug fixes
Padrino 0.13.3 was shipped in August 2016. This version contains generator changes, mailer rendering, proper URL escaping for
form_tag helpers, new helper method, bug fixes.
No generator support for:
- riot (last change is from October 2013)
- steak (last change is from January 2012)
- rightjs (last project update from March 2012)
For more details see this commit.
Implemented new way to call render in mailers. It allows to omit mailer name or mailer name and message name.
mailer :sample do message :message2 render 'congrats' #=> renders from 'sample/congrats' end message :message1 render #=> renders from 'sample/message1' end end
form_tag URL escaping
There has been an inconsistency between
form_tag in escaping URIs:
puts(image_tag 'image name.jpeg') # => <img src="../../images/image%20name.jpeg?1459513767" /> # previous behavior link_to 'image title', 'image name.jpeg') # => <a href="image name.jpeg">image title</a> # actual behavior link_to 'image title', 'image name.jpeg') # => <img src="../../images/image%20name.jpeg?1459513767" />
New helper method
escape_link('http://example.com/spaced link') # => 'http://example.com/spaced%20link' escape_link('already%20partially escaped') # => 'already%20partially%20escaped'
More details under tag_helpers.rb.
Bug Fixes and Miscellaneous
There are several bug fixes and other updates:
- FIX #1662 make Reloader remove module constants (this occurred when source code is changed under a running padrino application)
- FIX #2036 do not mutate route name String (@ujifgc)
- FIX #2024 Do not override access control object when registered in multiple apps (nx6)
- FIX #2045 Prevent overwriting params by given query (@namusyaka)
- NEW #1872 implement using partials without Sinatra, closes (@ujifgc)
- FIX #2052 String#humanize compatibility with AS ~3.2 (@ujifgc)
- NEW #2050 Update Moneta to 0.8.0 (@basex)
- NEW #2056 Allow Pry as Padrino console shell (@ujifgc)
- NEW github issue template (@ujifgc)
- FIX #2066 Fix reloader with native jruby classes (@ujifgc)
Please report any issues you encounter with this release! We are working very actively on Padrino and want to make the framework as stable and reliable as possible. That concludes the changelog for this release. As always if you want to keep up with Padrino updates, be sure to follow us on twitter: @padrinorb, join us on IRC at “#padrino” on freenode or open an issue on GitHub.