Padrino 0.9.15 Release! New Core Member!

Padrino 0.9.15 adds in a few new features. You can now use templates to generate entire padrino projects or use plugins that will easily integrate libraries and other components into your padrino project. In addition to fixes, this version adds new translations as well as components from stylesheets, renders, and orms!

With the templates and plugins generator in padrino we can now generate a project with a template using:

padrino-gen project my_project -p path/to/my/template.rb -r=path/to/your/project

For existing plugins that you want to have installed into your project, use the plugin generator:

padrino-gen plugin hoptoad

A list of available plugins are kept at padrino-recipes. The plugin generator can also accept a path to a ruby file or even a gist as well! View the guides for more information!

This version also provides new additions such as,

a variety of new components to padrino:

  • erubis – renderer(thanks to cored)
  • liquid – renderer(thanks to rwilcox)
  • mongomatic – orm(thanks to lusis)
  • ohm – orm(thanks to lusis)
  • scss – stylesheets

new translations such as:

  • Dutch Translation (thanks to Martijin)
  • Polish translation (Thanks to Kriss)

a few fixes, namely:

  • fixes custom conditions
  • fixes the app generation destroy option
  • routes now take a regex
  • ensures that the .component file stores the choices after they have been validated
  • fixes an issue with the reloader where the object space wasn’t been cleared.
  • fixes the logic for options_for_select helper
  • Removed some deprecation
  • Fixed DataMapper.finalize

To see the full list of changes, take a look at the changelog

We are also excited to introduce our newest core member, lusis! He has contributed various components such as ohm and mongomatic, and has also generously setup a hudson server for the padrino community! We’re glad to have him on board and look forward to his contributions to the project!

Padrino 0.9.14 - Important Hotfixes

Padrino 0.9.14 is another small bugfix release which solves a few common problems revealed with the deprecation of mount_core. This is not at all a release which requires any changes to your app. The details of the bugs fixed are listed in the full post.

There are three major things fixed in this version. The biggest fix which has been causing a number of issues is the failure of Padrino to properly camelize application names. This causes a number of uninitialized constant failures for certain application names. This version re-factors the mounter so that this error no longer occurs and the correct application class is found in those failing cases. This should fix a number of associated issues related to failing migrations and scripts.

The next fix is we fixed a warning on mongo_mapper because mongo_mapper now requires bson_ext instead of mongo_ext. The generator has been changed to address this. We also fixed other minor issues that were affecting our users.

Here is a full list of changes in this version:

  • Application generator should create public subfolder
  • Refactored application mounter class
  • updated mongomapper to use bson_ext
  • use entity code instead of copyright symbol
  • ensure app generation creates own public folder
  • fix padrino g alias
  • fixed distance_of_time_in_words helper(Thanks to Yannick Koechlin)

Please download this version as soon as you can to correct these important issue.

  • Prev Page
  • Next Page