Padrino 0.9.14 - Important Hotfixes

Padrino 0.9.14 is another small bugfix release which solves a few common problems revealed with the deprecation of mount_core. This is not at all a release which requires any changes to your app. The details of the bugs fixed are listed in the full post.

There are three major things fixed in this version. The biggest fix which has been causing a number of issues is the failure of Padrino to properly camelize application names. This causes a number of uninitialized constant failures for certain application names. This version re-factors the mounter so that this error no longer occurs and the correct application class is found in those failing cases. This should fix a number of associated issues related to failing migrations and scripts.

The next fix is we fixed a warning on mongo_mapper because mongo_mapper now requires bson_ext instead of mongo_ext. The generator has been changed to address this. We also fixed other minor issues that were affecting our users.

Here is a full list of changes in this version:

  • Application generator should create public subfolder
  • Refactored application mounter class
  • updated mongomapper to use bson_ext
  • use entity code instead of copyright symbol
  • ensure app generation creates own public folder
  • fix padrino g alias
  • fixed distance_of_time_in_words helper(Thanks to Yannick Koechlin)

Please download this version as soon as you can to correct these important issue.


Please report any issues you encounter with this release! We are working very actively on Padrino and want to make the framework as stable and reliable as possible. That concludes the changelog for this release. As always if you want to keep up with Padrino updates, be sure to follow us on twitter: @padrinorb, join us on IRC at “#padrino” on freenode, open an issue, or discuss on gitter.

comments powered by Disqus