Darío Cravero has been helping with Padrino and has been creating useful extensions. Having submitted several pull requests and consistently helping us to keep up with the flow of new issues in our issue tracker he agreed to join the Padrino core team.
Dario has started several companies and is currently the co-founder of uxtemple. We are very excited to welcome him aboard and also to pick up the pace of Padrino development. We know that we have a long way to go with Padrino, but we are committed to making this framework as solid and easy to use as possible. Expect more news soon as we ramp up our efforts on Padrino for the new year!
Several months ago, Padrino 0.10.6 was released which included HTML5 support, improved stability and compatibility patches. Today after some unfortunate delays, we are releasing Padrino 0.10.7 which is a major bug fix and compatibility release. We investigated all major issues reported since the release of 0.10.6 and have addressed the most important issues including renewed JRuby support, a better reloader, activesupport loading, and many other improvements. Full details for this release are below. We look forward to getting back to a quicker release cycle going forward.
Bug Fixes, Translations and Miscellaneous
- Fix reloader issue with class name resolution: commit
- Added support for activerecord-jdbcmysql-adapter: commit, Thanks rameshpy
- Fix options_for_select result in a corner case: commit, Thanks whitequark
- Remove redundant tlsmail dependency: commit, Thanks trevor
- Adds an options attribute to ProjectModule: commit, Thanks simonc
- Respect configured model name in admin generator: commit, Thanks joelcuevas
- Patched to fix rake use in padrino templates, Thanks jasonm23
- Fix error_message_on for empty array, Thanks sshaw
- Adds Swedish localization support, Thanks Lejdborg
- Adds Romanian localization support, Thanks relu
- Prevent JRuby reloading bug, Thanks dn2k
- Fix admin generator to understand model_name, Thanks fnordfish
- Add CLI shortcut with just ‘c’, Thanks joslinm
- Adds a catch all method to the redis cache
- Make mysql2 alias of mysql when DataMapper is selected
- Add require ActiveSupport::TimeWithZone class for helpers
- Change boolean helper attributes to conform to xhtml strict
That concludes the changelog for this release. As always if you want to keep up with Padrino updates, be sure to follow us on twitter: @padrinorb, join us on IRC at “#padrino” on freenode or open an issue on GitHub.